Security Guard Services
|July 7, 2015
@ 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Airport Project Center
Please join us at an Open House for Security Guard Services on July 7, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM at the Airport Project Center located at 4225 Airways Boulevard, Memphis, TN 38116. You must register for this open house, Please click here to register and learn more.
The Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority’s small business enterprise outreach program promotes and encourages local small business participation in leases and contracts. The DBE program provides a forum for small and disadvantaged local businesses to learn about federally funded Department of Transportation (DOT) projects and how small businesses can maximize their participation in Airport contracts. The program is run in accordance with US DOT regulations (49 CFR Part 26). At Memphis International Airport, the purpose of our program is to:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts in the Department's highway, transit and airport financial assistance programs;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the Department's DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure only firms that fully meet this section's eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBE's in DOT assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE program; and
- To provide appropriate flexibility to recipients of federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBE's.
For additional information read our DBE program and policy document. We also have an Airport Concession DBE Program. For more information read the ACDBE Program document. We have created a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program. For more detailed information, read the Small Business Participation Plan.
2014-2017 DBE Goal
2014-2017 ACDBE and Car Rental Goal
All businesses seeking to do business with the Airport as a DBE must be certified. The Memphis Shelby-County Airport Authority performs the certification evaluation of prospective DBEs and minority and women-owned businesses. Each business wishing to participate as a DBE or a joint venture DBE must be certified through MSCAA or the Tennessee Uniform Certification Program (TNUCP) at the time of bid/proposal submission. What is Certification? Certification is the process of determining whether individuals and firms have sufficiently demonstrated group membership, ownership, control, and social economic disadvantage.
- The certification process itself requires a thorough investigation of a company's operation including, but not limited to, financial statements, by-laws, charter, stock certificates, lease agreements, salaries of owners, number of employees, licenses/authorities. etc.
- Each applicant is required to undergo a personal interview with a member of the Contract Compliance Certification staff during a site visit.
- MSCAA publishes a directory of all certified DBE's and makes it available to all prime and sub-contractors.
- The certification process can take up to 90 days.
SMALL BUSINESS PARTICIPATION PROGRAM
This program, required by 49 CFR 26.39 and has been included as an amendment to your DBE Program Plan, is called the Small Business Participation Program (SBPP or SBP Program). Part 26.39 requires recipient to “structure contracting requirements to facilitate competition by small business concerns, taking all reasonable steps to eliminate obstacles to their participation.” The SBPP is also part of MSCAA’s efforts to full Part 26.51, i.e. to meet the “maximum feasible portion” of its overall goal by using race-neutral means of obtaining DBE participation. Therefore, implementation of the SBPP will be based on the standard of business size and personal net worth, without regard to the race or gender of the business owner.
To obtain a certification application or for more information call (901) 922-0255. Return applications to: MSCAA, Office of Contract Compliance, 3505 Tchulahoma Rd., Memphis, TN 38118-2718 901-922-2560 Fax.
Notification of Bids and Other Opportunities
We post all bids and legal notices in the following newspapers:
- Tri-State Defender
- The Daily News
- La Prensa Latina
Bid and Legal Notices are forwarded to business association and advocacy groups. If you want your organization listed please contact the Contract Compliance Office at (901) 922-0255. Bid documents may be examined at the following locations:
- Engineer's Office at the MSCAA Development Office
- Builder's Exchange Plans Room
- Construction Market Data, Inc
- F.W. Dodge Plans Room
- Memphis Area Minority Contractor's Association
- Memphis Business Development Center
- Mid-South Minority Business Council
- National Minority Contractors Association
For a listing of TNUCP click here. For a listing of MSCAA Certified Companies click here.
For the 2013 Disparity Study, click here.
Follow this link for more information on Non-Discrimination in Federally Assisted Programs.
For the TN Title VI Non-Discrimination Poster, click here.
For the FAA Non-Discrimination Poster, click here.